Comment on page
Sending and Receiving Coins via CLI
The command-line interface (CLI) offers advanced capabilities for interacting with the P-20 blockchain and conducting transactions. In this guide, we will provide detailed instructions on how to send and receive coins using the CLI, while leveraging the privacy features of the P-20 blockchain.
Before you proceed, ensure that you have met the following prerequisites:
- 1.Installed P-20 CLI: Download and install the latest version of the P-20 CLI tool. You can obtain it from the official P-20 website or the GitHub repository. Make sure you have the CLI properly configured and accessible from your command line.
- 2.Wallet Creation: If you haven't already created a P-20 wallet, you need to generate a new wallet address. The CLI provides functionality for wallet management, including address generation. Follow the "Creating a P-20 Wallet" guide for detailed instructions on creating a wallet.
To send coins using the CLI, follow these steps:
- 1.Open your command-line interface or terminal and ensure that you are in the appropriate directory where the P-20 CLI is installed.
- 2.Authenticate and access your P-20 wallet using the CLI command
p20-wallet open <wallet_name>. Replace
<wallet_name>with the name of your wallet.
- 3.Enter your wallet password when prompted to unlock your wallet and gain access.
- 4.Generate a one-time address for the recipient using the CLI command
p20-wallet generate-address. This will create a unique address that can only be used once for receiving funds.
- 5.Share the one-time address with the recipient. This address ensures that each transaction is associated with a different address, enhancing privacy and preventing address reuse.
- 6.Use the
p20-wallet sendcommand followed by the recipient's one-time address and the amount of coins you want to send. For example:
p20-wallet send <recipient_one-time_address> <amount>. Replace
<recipient_one-time_address>with the one-time address of the recipient and
<amount>with the number of coins you wish to send.
- 7.Verify the transaction details displayed by the CLI, including the recipient's one-time address and the amount of coins being sent. Confirm that the information is accurate.
- 8.If the details are correct, enter your wallet password to authorize the transaction. The CLI will sign the transaction using your private key and broadcast it to the P-20 network.
- 9.Wait for the transaction to be confirmed by the network. You can monitor the transaction status using the
- 10.Once the transaction is confirmed, the coins will be successfully sent to the recipient's one-time address.
To receive coins using the CLI, follow these steps:
- 1.Ensure that your P-20 wallet is accessible and running through the CLI.
- 2.Use the
p20-wallet addresscommand to display your P-20 wallet's stealth address. This is the address associated with your wallet that remains private and is not publicly visible on the blockchain.
- 3.Share your stealth address with the sender. They can use this address to generate a one-time address for the transaction.
- 4.Monitor your wallet using the
p20-wallet statuscommand to check if any incoming transactions have been confirmed and added to your balance.
- 5.Once a transaction is confirmed, the coins will be added to your wallet's balance and can be used for future transactions.
The use of one-time addresses and stealth addresses enhances the privacy and anonymity of transactions on the P-20 blockchain. One-time addresses ensure that each transaction has a unique receiving address, making it difficult to trace the flow of funds. Stealth addresses protect the privacy of the recipient by generating a different address for each transaction.
By following these instructions, you can securely send and receive coins using the P-20 CLI while leveraging the privacy features of the P-20 blockchain.
Remember to always exercise caution when conducting transactions and ensure that you verify the accuracy of the transaction details before authorizing any transfers.